When is the next REAL Boston Tea Party? Wouldn't it send a nice message if every single person in the US decided not to pay taxes in 2010? :)
"Reclaiming that lost trillion could help wipe out the country's annual budget deficit, improve education, and provide health insurance for those who don't have it." - Reader's Digest
One thing I read, that REALLY pissed me off... In 2000, they spent $100 MILLION on a satetellite that now sits in a closet in Maryland. It never was launched and yet was completely finished. Just for this 100-million waste alone, I think all politicians who were in office that year should be kicked out of this country! What could any of us do with 100 Million dollars????
Here is what politicians STILL do with your money EACH YEAR:
- Loopholes in tax laws: Tax Shortfall: $290 billion (uncollected taxes) + $2.5 billion (undertaxed high rollers) + $60 billion (unwarranted tax breaks)
- Medicare and Medicaid waste: $60 billion (fraud, waste, overpayments) + $100 billion (modest 15 percent cost reduction) + $15 billion (closing the 12 percent loophole) + $10 billion (unnecessary Medicare administrative and drug costs)
Total $185 billion
- Military Mad Money:Wasteful military spending: $100 billion (waste, fraud, unnecessary weapons)
- Fraud Farm Subsidies: Wasteful farm subsidies: $20 billion
- Projects that "didn't work": Wasteful Capital Spending: $30 billion
- General Government Stupidity: General Fraud and Stupidity: $2 billion (disability and food stamp overpayment)
- Pork Barrel Spending: $20 billion
- Corporate Welfare to BIG companies such as IBM, GE, Xerox, Dow, Ford, DuPont and Johnson & Johnson: Corporate Welfare: $50 billion
- Obsolete, Redundant Programs: $30 billion
- Interest on debt for all of the above:Interest on National Debt: $194 billion
View all my rants!
DEALS YOU CANT MISS!