Share on Facebook Everyone knows how Texans are the butt of many jokes -- for good reason -- but apparently they are also very powerful and DO affect the curriculum taught in public schools across the country. They purchase so many textbooks that all the major publishers of textbooks revise all their books to follow what Texas says it will teach. So in all seriousness, your child's textbooks will soon be NOTHING like the ones you read in school!
Recently, the state Board of Education (a clear misnomer) has sadly enacted the following changes, among many other similarly STUPID revisions of EPIC proportion:
- Thomas Jefferson has been REMOVED from the history books!!! WTF !!!! This was the guy who had just a small part in our constitution... and to add insult to injury, has been replaced by religious wing-nut John Calvin (who the hell cares who Calvin is? Isn't he the one who pals around with Hobbes?)
- Creationism and religion are stressed, over EVOLUTION.
- All references that the constitution is supposed to prevent the government from promoting any religion over the others HAVE BEEN REMOVED!!!
- The US government is no longer referred to as a "democracy" anywhere... instead it is called a "republic"!!!
- The list goes on... imagine your typical bible-thumping, hardcore, ultra-right-wing conservative religious wackjob dictating what your kid will be taught! ALL THIS ON TAXPAYER MONEY TOO!
Jump to the Front Page
Share on Facebook